Sunday 31 January 2010

The Akkia language (1)

    The Akkia language sounds:  

    Aabac :: a ā ä ạ b c d e ē ë f g h i ī ı j ĸ k l m n ń o ō ö p q r s t u ū ü v w x y ý ġ ż z 

    This is the Akkia alphabet – Phonetic ::
(with IPA symbols; thanks for the people who helped and have shown me the right sites to do this)

    a /a/, ā /a:/, ä /æ/, ạ /á/, b /b/, c /s/ or /k/ (or in compounds), d /d/, e /e/ or /ɛ/, ē /e:/, ë /ɘ/, f /f/, g /g/, h /h/, i /i/, ī /i:/, ı /ɐ/, j (a short /i/, or /ʐ/ or /ʒ/ or /dʒ/ or /h/), ĸ (a /k/ as a pause), k /k/, l /l/, m /m/, n /n/, ń (as /n/ but tonic), o /ɔ/, ō /ɔ:/, ö /ɵ/, p /p/, q (always as /kw/), r /r/, s /s/, t /t/, u /u/, ū /u:/, ü /Y/, v /v/, w /w/, x /ks/, y [a short /i/), ý (a short /i/ but tonic), ġ /χ/, ż /dz/, z /z/.

    Vowels: normal /a/, special (the ı sounds [ɐ]), tonal ạ (the ạ with a dot below is a tone above /á/), demivowels (j, n, v, w, y), tonic (ý, ń), ´acute (á) but not tonal except in letter a /á/, `backtick (à) but not tonal, long (ā, aa), and umlaut (ä /æ/, ë|ö /ɘ/ and /ɵ/, ü /Y/; ë and ö exchange as they are almost the same sound).

    Diphtongues may have up to 5 vowels, but they have special rules and phonological changes in way to pronounce properly. Tonal á makes compounds in vowel clusters, /aá/ (rising, called low-high) and /áa/ (falling, called high-low). 

    Digraphs: (all double consonants call the stress onto the vowel just before it) bb, cc , dd, ff, gg, ch /ʃ/, or /tʃ/ or /χ/, gh (f), jj (as a jdj in /ʐdʐ/ or /ʒdʒ/), ĸ-vowel /k'/, ĸk (a pause before the /k/), kk, ll (tonic), nn (long), ng /ŋ/, nń (low-high), ńn (high-low), pp, ss, sh /ʃ/, sch /sʃ/, tt, vv, ww, ýy (long, same as /i:/), zz /z:/ or /dz/. 

    Special letters: ĸ (pause), ġ (a strong sound, sometimes stronger than /χ/), ż (the dża sound is /dz/).

    I'll do it for Oka as soon as possible, and post this in here.

    Thank you very much.


        -------------
    About the Play :: Stolen Dreams.

    I hope you're enjoying the Story I'm playing with my friends.

    Well, I created this Story because the idea of Stolen Dreams starts up a huge era of change on the trikumai worlds, indeed will open the road to future adventure, and what people and entities would be able to do to deal with the problems and consequences.

    In my view, the players got out of the road on the original play.

    So, I decided to pass forwardly the time, and the next Post about the Story will be in the near future, for the main campaign, when they'll have to decide over which Entities are really on their side, to take or not the missions that were planned and had put them all together.

    This will happen to open space to new types of posts.

    I'm planning a brief review on Kalagoktwa, the future world of Kalaummuklutwa, also named by natives as Akkoya for short, but only as a starting point.

    The real play started as a for fun story, and because players wanted to play medieval, even if I wanted to play more in space era.

    My fictional universe is a long story. It will take time to play and publish everything I've thought, and this is just the starting point to give an idea of the universe. Don't consider everything in here as True, because most information are in character information, and it shows biased opinion, cultural backgrounds, and the real life that character lives in everyday life, but some are the basic legends, and Myth, as people from Kalagoktwa know these events, which are surrounded by uncertainties.

    Both Blogs, this and http://www.actiontale.com are the same setting.

    The settings are separed by 3.500 years.

    So, the story Stole Dreams becomes a starting point into a now better planned storyline, and there will be sequels, or maybe prequels to the play.

    Follow this post to read the Final Version posts ::

    About the Story

    This was edited on January 19, 2012, Belo Horizonte, Brazil.

    Players have missed some more points in the ploline I thought originally, but that's oke and it was fun, but well, so I planned the Raýla plotline. Raýla plotline will make a new interpretation on the play. It also will mark a more organized Story and event explanation, together with characters which are in my mind for a very long time, since we played the old campaign adapted as past Great War to this adventure #00, but in fact I have to say, I had no idea this was going to take this direction.

    As soon as having a better idea on the setting, I've planned it well.

    Now, by January 2012, I have my main conlang, Akkia, much better in mind than before, but Akkia is a human terrant language.

    So, I'd better say the Oka language will be better in here.

    Of course, if I need to call back Akkia, or any other of my languages, I'll have it explained in the exact post, as draka, tradelang, ly'ène, rakma, koresh, uyu, and I'm planing the exactitude of iha, which is a more precise equivalent of a dead language to be used for magic purposes. This all take time. I'll have the time needed when it happens to the flow. Even then, the Oka language is the more interesting language in this point in time, at Kalagoktwa, better known as Toj during Stolen Dreams.

    So, this all will be written at the right time.

    One interesting thing I've thought was that, I'll keep all my original notes on Facebook, while this in here will be adapted into the Final Version.

    Another interesting thing is that, wait, it all depends on player's decisions.

    And so, I really don't know where it Ends.

    Hope you like it, see you.

    By the way, I wish a 2010 full of adventures to you all.

    Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment